Boo :)
You know I do not know where the days/weeks/months go!! I never seem to find the time to sit and blog! or at least when I do my brain just doesn't seem to function as to what to write!!! .....it truly has been a glorious summer up here is my first point, so much sunshine, sea & strolling along the many beaches thinking just how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place ......works still work, ticking along nicely keeping us all afloat, putting food on the table to feed the tribe! ....up here a permanent job isn't all too easy to come by so I consider myself lucky to have the job I do, and my little business is still going very strong :) oh for an extra pair of hands!!!
The weather is changing rapidly to darkness and cold...I know that lots of folk up here do not like the winters, I personally try and embrace the change, wind down, relax more and wrap up warm...nows the time for hot chocolate, warm pj's and roaring fires...we have a huge pile of wood that we are chopping as we go for the fire...all free heat :) and the energy used chopping the wood certainly helps to burn the calories...I have managed to loose 2 stone off my bulky frame so far and am feeling better for it thats for sure, aiming for another stone gone by xmas..and that I consider the very best present to myself as my health is improving :)
We have had birthdays a plenty and still have a fair few to go before xmas, I sit and watch the tribe growing and wish I could just pause them, keep them smaller a bit longer..they grow so quickly, this xmas is a turning point for the family I think, the christmas lists no longer mainly consist of barbies and lego...its now tablets, ipods, computers.......society drives me mad! the battles I have had trying to explain to the kids that they DON'T NEED all the technology under the sun just goes in one ear and out of the other....its such a hard battle as I don't want my babies to miss out, but I don't want them to grow up too quickly either....I really do not think the fact that school sets homework to do on comupters now helps either!..I shall not get ranting on that one..but what the heck is wrong with pens & paper?????????
I shall leave you with a bunch of random pics over the past few months, pics that make my heart burst with pride,joy & happiness .......and a promise, that as we wind down into winter I shall sit here more often with my hot chocolate in one hand and my keyboard in the other...blogging away..........keep well, keep warm & keep smiling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx











No comments:
Post a Comment