Its been a while, such a crazy,busy few weeks...the kids are all hugely excited about the big man in the red suits visit..now we have finally managed to convince amy that santa will definitely be able to get here as he doesn't need to use the ferry ;)...last week in school is sure to be a fun one, its the christmas concert tomorrow evening, so the house has been filled with the kids practising singing..Kaitlyn is an angel, connor is a donkey...which he actually is happy about this year!!...A couple of years ago amy had the leading roll of Mary, but she didn't want to be Mary ..she wanted to be a donkey, and on the day of the nativity she promptly threw Jesus in his manger and stomped off...well it had everyone in hysterics!!!...hopefully this year amy will be happy in her part as a party goer? I am not sure what ambers part is, she is just instructed to wear boots hat,gloves and scarves....there is something really special about nativity plays, they teach kids the true meaning of christmas, which I think is priceless in todays society of gadgets and gizmos! Our sundays throughout december have consisted of relaxing in front of the fire with hot choc and christmas films....
The shop has been going really,really well..but is hugely tiring!! this past week has literally been non-stop, which has been very hard work, saturday morning I made 60 bathbombs, by lunchtime there where 3 left! I had to come home early yesterday as I wasnt feeling very stable on my feet so my Friends brought me home....whilst its fantastic being so busy and all the amazing feedback I am getting its really taken the strength out of me and I am ready for a rest, I am shutting for 2 weeks between xmas & new year, to give myself time to relax and spend time with my beautiful family ....I have made lots of new friends in the shop, its really opening my eyes to how lovely the people of lewis truly are.....we have nearly been here a year now, and are looking forward to spending our first christmas in a place we truly feel is home :) ....whatever christmas time brings for you remember the true spirit of christmas, and remember christmas is about people not presents, perhaps you have friends/neighbours who don't have anyone over christmas...go around and see them, it could very well make there christmas xxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s I need the elf to help me wrap the kids presents, I am all out of energy..so if anyone has a spare elf please fling them my way :) xxxx



Hi Linzi, your living room looks so lovely and cosy with the roaring fire. Great news the shop is doing so well.
ReplyDeleteIt is a lovely shop, and you have worked so hard, Linzi. have a wonderfully relaxing holiday.
ReplyDeleteJacqui xx
You should work for the tourist board, You make the Isle of Lewis sound amazing!
ReplyDeleteSft x
Have a relaxing break from thr shop, pleased to hear it is going so well, you deserve it. Wishing you and all the family a very Happy Christmas.
ReplyDeleteHugs Mandy and Ian.
I know time seems different here on the island, but where have you managed to find 2 weeks between Xmas and the New year? You must have a time machine... :-)
ReplyDeleteThankyou for all your lovely comments :) we love this time of year! will be different as we wont have any family round, but the doors always open to freinds :) ...just been to the christmas concert at sgoil on rhuba, and have to say you lewis folk know how to put on a bloody good show!! even Amber was singing in Gaelic and shes only 5..so, so proud of them all :) ...lolol albedo..I live in the land of linzi..times different in my head ;) ..have a magical christmas, and dont forget to bob in next time your up in point xxxxx
ReplyDelete