Boo :)
What a month...yes a month!! we went down to the mainland for 2 weeks with the tribe to celebrate hubbys 40th, it was lovely to have so much quality time together without normal work pressures, but it also opened my eyes to how much I have changed over the last 12 months......
Before we moved up here 2 weeks away would involve lots of shopping and materialistic c*ap!!! but I didn't want to go shopping...how strange!!..Infact I was itching to come home, the mainland seemed like such a busy place, and thats just not me anymore.....on a trip to inverness I found myself actually feeling panicky as there where so many people pushing and shoving around....we came home a day early in the end, it would have been sooner if we had got in touch with calmac earlier!!!
Don't get me wrong we had a lovely time together, but that was it that really made me realise that it was just spending time together that was lovely, not where we where at the time!, all the memories we made are lovely but even the kids wanted to get back to the beaches and the quiet!!
On getting home we have spent the last 2 weeks just relaxing and getting back to normality, I have started a part time job to help the shop building fund, so many people have told me to apply for funding but I would much rather know that its all completed off my own back, stubborn I know, but through my life anything I have done I have done myself and I am not going to change now! Its not easy mind you, but nothing that's worth doing is ever easy!!!
I have a list of things to achieve now spring has sprung and the weathers brighter....and It will all get done over the next few weeks, the gardens coming along nicely and the sheep are regular visitors hopping over the fence, I was trying to come up with a way to stop them as I dont want the crofter getting annoyed but short of putting up a high fence I don't know what we can do :( .....
Life goes on, keeps ticking by, with a smile on all our faces :)....its the little things in life that count, people not possessions!


Nice to see you all again x
ReplyDeleteThanks hun :) hope your well xxx
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the shop fund, you can do it!
Hugs,
Sandie xx