Tuesday, 24 July 2012

reasons to be cheerful!

Well according to the stornoway gazette on good old face f*ck....yes its not faceb*ok to me anymore as its always broken.....we are apparently the happiest people in the uk according to a survey compiled by the office of national statistics...now I would agree wholeheartedly, but there's a fair few locals asking which survey as they hadn't done it! the comments on the gazette always scream out to me as showing rather clearly that people born & bred here don't tend to agree, yet us 'incomers' are always really positive about the isles...I can hand on heart say its a truly beautiful place to live with a TRUE sense of a community spirit...now I know you cant please all the people all of the time, but I for one won't ever forget the beauty on my doorstep or the privileged life we lead..yes its a tad more expensive to live here..but the financial cost is vastly outweighed by the true sense of belonging and happiness...I know, I know..someone pass us the sick bucket...but its true :))!!!

Its lovely to live in a place where news isn't really a sinister affair!! 

Plus the sun is looking set to return...crossing fingers!!!! I can even deal with powercuts when the sun shines! ....I would have been quite happy cooking up a storm on our many camping stoves had the power not returned so quickly today! ;) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment