Hiya..
Well what a week..we are very glad to be home! Its been hectic...we got to the ferry port for 6am on monday and it was already busy! the crossing was really smooth, the kids where happily playing with lots of other children travelling to the mainland...I must admit it felt strange driving off the ferry and back into Ullapool...it was a beautiful day...
we travelled down to callendar where hubbys mum lives, we wen't via fort william which was lovely..the kids had mcdonalds which is total crap I know but it was a novelty for them. We arrived in callendar early afternoon..its a lovely little town (which doesn't seem so little anymore after being up here for 6mnths' it was bustling..shops and people everywhere!!
Hubbys sister arrived in the evening so we could arrange which littleones they would look after and which littleones we would take with us to glasgow...in the end we decided the 2 youngest littleones come with us and the 3 eldest stayed with grandma & auntie..then off to glasgow we went..the hospital there is huge! and as for the tilt table test I was half expecting the chuckle brothers to burst into the room and say the test was a joke...after wiring me up and strapping me to the table the machine didn't work! then the doctor didn't turn up..so we had to wait on a different machine and another doctor..all ready to go then neither of the nurses could find a vein!! in the end the doctor did..the test was very strange..the table was tilted totally upright and the lights where turned off..it felt surreal..it was designed to see if my heartrate drops and levels off when I am standing up for a while..but nope..mine just keeps rising..which we where already aware of but just not quite how much,the nurse thinks they need to look at my beta blockers as the obviously aren't working....after 40 mins strapped upright I felt like I had done ten rounds with a wrestler...
but I would rather do that again than go through another MRI...i really wasn't prepared as I thought I was in my mind for that!! the machine was incredibly noisy..they put headphones on with the radio playing but I couldn't hear it as the scanner was so loud..and I had to have my head and shoulders in a brace/frame to stay perfectly still..I didn't like it at all...the staff where lovely and spoke to me between each scan to ask how i was and tell me how long the next scan would take it those 50mins felt like a week! they wouldn't tell me anything either, other than I will hear from my consultant in the next 10 days to go over the results..I am glad the tests are over..I am so tired, my heads banging so I will carry on writing tommorow...but it is good to be home and i know now we made the right decision to come here! I am off to try and catch some zzzzzz's..will add pics tommorow..lots of wild deers! goodnight folks xxx
I've had 3 MRI's, one on my head(they found nothing there LOL!), one on my spine and one recently on my right knee. I know the knee one was furthest from my ears but, thought it was much quieter than the big one at Nottingham!
ReplyDeleteSo I know where you are coming from with the MRI noise!
I'll bet you're glad it's over too!!
I hope it is something that can be sorted out simply.
Wishing you all the best,
Sandie xx
Hope that you are sorted out soon & that it's not too serious
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for good results.
ReplyDeleteI've got you as partner in the undomesticated scientist's unbirthday swap. Can you contact me regarding this please?
Thanks ♥