Thursday, 1 September 2011

Christmas shopping...ho,ho, chuffing ho!!

Boo....


Hows your day been?? I have spent most of the day cleaning, 5 little monkeys don't half make mess..or creative clutter?? I still haven't charged my mobile to get the pics off!! I need to ring virgin and cancel, its pointless paying for a phone I can't/don't use, in truth I only ever really used my mobile to ring hubby at work but since hes not there anymore its useless to me! 


After cleaning I checked e-mails to find one from the entertainer toy shop letting me know theres upto 65% off certain toys, so off I wen't to look, and found lots of sciency kits and national geographic wooden board games, in the end I had just over £90 in the basket....wen't to checkout and bear in mind we don't live on the mainland and therefore expect to pay a bit more for delivery, have a guess how much they wanted for delivery??? £10? £20..£30....nope higher..ALOT HIGHER!! £110 quid!!  rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...so I rang them, and they told me £35 which to be honest I won't pay...the toys aren't heavy, it won't be a huge box, so I said thanks but no thanks and gave up!...hubby said not to give up as for what we are paying we are getting alot of stuff that the kids can enjoy without paying hundreds on tat! so he rang back and got the delivery for £15!!!! It shocked me to think that I could have paid an extra £20 for nothing!! But on a happy note its a start for xmas....


Amber had her first full day in school today, and even got a certificate to say so :) she loved it, and did speak out a bit more, theres an after school club starting in the next village along next week which they all wan't to go to, I hope this will help to integrate her more into talking to other people too :0) 


Its been a glorious day weather wise up here today, fingers crossed it stays the same tommorow so we can take sophie to the park.....I am off to the land of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's now, sweet dreams, godbless everyone xxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi linzi, Good start on the xmas shopping. I've just started mine. What a piss take asking £110 for delivery! Glad you got it all delivered in the end for £15.

    Hope you had a good sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tell the kids that Santa doesn't come to the Isle of Lewis, they don't let the Reindeer on the ferry :-)

    Seriously though - you'll notice Christmas is a lot quieter here than back on t'mainland - it's not such a big holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Karen :0) how are you? I have 2 birthdays before xmas too so trying to get a head start on everything!! I am not leaving everything till december this year lol!! xx
    hehehe Tony...I like your thinking, sadly he flies and I don't reckon I could get away with saying flybe is closed!! hows you 2? xx

    ReplyDelete