BOO...
Well after reading a fellow blogger's post http://azgiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/three-months-on-and-staring-into.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed Its made me think.....
We have been up here 6 weeks now...I look back and wonder how the hell 6 weeks have passed already? the old saying 'time flies when your having fun?' well I wouldn't describe the last few weeks as fun...infact I can't remember feeling this anxious in years....we really have taken huge steps to change our forever!! given up the security of hubbys income..but on that note does money really mean security? I really firmly believe that money is indeed one of the main things in life that pulls us apart! and what is it exactly? paper printed with the queens head...melted metal again with the queens head....yes I know its a very simple way to look at things...but sometimes things are over analyzed so much that there basic simplicity is forgotten! You may accuse me of going all 'good life' but what's wrong with living a basic,simple life? Give me time around the table actually talking over playing on a computer anyday! One thing we really wanted up here was family time...and we have it in droves...sunday is a good example..every weekend when the weather has allowed us we have been wandering on the beach..I have never seen the kids so free and happy...and it doesn't cost a penny...the point I guess I am getting at is are we actually happy up here????.............and in total honesty I think I would struggle to adjust back to living on the mainland....maybe that will change in the future..but for now 'if its not broken why try to fix it?'
This time next week..........:0) Home!!!
I've got to be honest - after three months I've not really missed anything from the mainland.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right about one thing, you get so much more family time here - and kids can play outside (but not on Sunday :-) )
went to buy a cooker today...the exact same cooker from the mainland is over £200 cheaper than up here! shocked me somewhat!! we are getting one delivered from the mainland now!!
ReplyDeleteI think the cost of food etc is a bit more expensive than the mainland and you can't get everything you may want...but want isn't the same as need is it :0)
I wonder what would happen if the kids invaded garrabost playground on a sunday?..not that I would let them mind you..but thats the one thing about up here..if they can go to the beach on a sunday why can't they play on the swings? surely thats not classed as work?? :0) xx
I've seen the kids in the park on Sunday... Shhh, don't tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteWalks on the beach are OK as long as you think improving thoughts. That's the rule. So NO BUILDING SANDCASTLES ;-)