Well its official I am knackered...sitting up hoping we would get the keys since the small hours of the morning is taking its toll!!
After a bit of work we have the keys :0)...the kids got there first look in the house, and they love it....we already have lists of how they want there bedrooms...we did let them pick wallpaper on the mainland before we move along with other bits and bobs that match..But I am hunting for paint tommorow to at least give the rooms a fresh feeling before we get chance to strip and paper them all!!
Its been a glorious day up here...so I am hoping the weather continues into the weekend as I want to start painting whilst the house is empty...the kids are really looking forward to having a picnic in the empty house!!
Heres some piccies...the old origional part of the house, and the newer part of the house....lots of work ahead...but we have all the time in the world :0)
why we moved here summed up in two simple words..on A verrrrrry wide windowsill...I wish they were lower down they would make fab seats...Anyhow I am done for now....can hear my bed calling..well not mine actually as my bloody bed is in hull!!
Nanite folks...sweet dreams
xxx








Three places off the top of my head for paint.
ReplyDeleteThe builders centre which you sort of go past when heading to Garrabost - should be OK for contract paints.
Home Improvement Centre which is around Riggs road (or that neck of the woods)
The Paint Centre which is on Church Street (small shop near the harbour end).
I'm short on brushes and rollers but have trays, paint scuttles and other sundry bits you can borrow. It'll save you having to buy things until your stuff gets here.
found your blog via meanqueen so thought I'd say 'hi' . We moved eight months ago, not as far as you though, it must be a nightmare with the furniture being in Hull!
ReplyDeleteJosie x