Thursday, 3 March 2011

Observations

Boo...well here's my main observation this week....i really am a moody grumpy cow...see I admitted it!! This whole house situation is driving me round the bloody twist!! The best bit is the fact that the house we are staying in now has no number, no name, infact the street hasn't even got a sign!! So I am praying that the couriers can find me as I have loads on order which I need for my orders...which is another niggle of mine...I am fed up of being charged a fortune to get stuff shipped here via royal mail who charge no extra...I have found a courier to use from this end..and am looking into getting supplies delivered to inverness then couried over here..but will hang on till we get into the new house...


the weather up here has been lovely..other than yesterday..which is bloody typical as the car stuffed up again and had to be taken to the garage....luckily the gent from the garage drove us back here again so we wern't stuck in stornoway in the pouring rain with our 2 youngest monkeys...as it turns out the gent from the garage also lives in garrabost..100yds from us apparantly..i have no idea how near/far that is mind you! so he's bringing his dog round for a bacardi when we move in...obviously no alcohol will be consumed by the dog..just his owner ;0)


and speaking of animals..how the hell do you go to buy chinchilla food and walk out of the pet shop a couple of hundred quid lighter with a bloody big rabbit and huge cage on order? it baffles me!! google continental giant rabbits throw it into the mix with 5 kids,3 chinchillas me and hubby...maybe a recipe to make the o'hara household even more loopy!! 


roll on the next two weeks...then I  can de-stress...well kind of..I can only imagine how overwhelming its going to look when our stuff arrives out of storage and into the house..good job theres a big garage..a garage thats not a garage as you can't get to it with a car and it has a very old kitchen inside from when it was the original house!.....wine is the answer!! sit me with a box or 50 and a bottle of wine...can't promise that things will go where they should do but i will at least unpack them ;0)


all for now folks....keep smiling and keep counting those days away for me...mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't have a problem with the courier finding your place - UPS use Woodies and I think the others use them or one of the other couriers here so they'll be able to find you...

    Oh, I met Tracey (and Dillon) yesterday - so I know who you're buying your house from.

    Hope the car's sorted - if you need anything until you get it fixed give me a shout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya..yep I am not worried about em finding the new house..had a right pallava yesterday with the courier!! but they found us in the end...it turns out the house we are in should have either a,b, or c after the number..but even the owner doesn't know which one it is!! lol...Tracey is lovely..as is Dillon..i am gutted that he doesn't come with the house - though I did ask several times! lol...car is sorted now ;0) thankfully!! thanks anyhow ;0) you will have to pop over for a drink or 10 when we finally move in!! xx

    ReplyDelete