Friday, 25 March 2011

Progress....finally!!!

Boo....


Its been a while since I blogged on here so I thought I would pop on and give updates!!


Its been a crazy few weeks....This journey in a sense has been a lot more hectic that I first imagined it would/could be....when we first decided to buy in scotland everyone said 'its alot easier to buy a house in Scotland' thats why you won't ever get an offer on a house accepted until you have exchanged contracts in England or have the money in the bank......well we have been here since January...Moved twice, had a visit from the police, been more stressed than you can imagine, shed loads of tears and lots of wobbles wondering if we have made the right move...but finally!! today we get the keys to our house!!! whoooooop whoooooooop!! never thought it would happen....but I would like to point out that I am slightly miffed that we still can't get the keys yet even though they now have our money!! only a couple of hours and we will have them :0) be patient linzi!!!


This experience has made it clear to me that i never want to bloody move house again!!!...all our stuff is still in storage in Hull mind you!!! it won't be here till tuesday..but it gives me chance to clean the house from top to bottom before we invade!!


We are still loving the life up here...the pace of life is so much slower...I can't say the same for my pace of life as I have been working like a mad woman..but two weeks off to sort/unpack and re charge my flat batteries!! 


Its starting to really sink in what we have done...well it really sunk in when we sent the money to the solicitor..mortgage free at 27 and 39 aint bad going!! the kids break up for easter today aswell so they get two weeks off to explore the new area we are living in..watch out Garrabost ;0) 


Off I go...will stop rambling...I am going into stornoway to post the last orders, have lunch and buy something pretty for our 'forever home'....spring has well and truly sprung up here...its beautiful!!


Hapiness at long last!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Great news! Are you moving in on Tuesday or camping out in the house for the weekend?

    We'll pop down when you're in to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we will be staying here as we have no beds :( and the cookers not coming till tuesday, talking of cookers can you reccomend any elecricians? we will be moving all the stuff from here over the weekend!! glad its all finally turning out good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know any sparkies off-hand but Murdo does, so I'll ask him (you're doing a like for like replacement aren't you so wiring up should be a doddle, assuming it comes with the relevant cable).

    As the place is empty, if there's anything you need to borrow to help you get the place sorted before your stuff arrives (vacuum cleaners, tools etc.) let me know and you can pick it up or I can drop if off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tony :0) I bloody hope it comes with cables I didnt even know it might not!! it is just going in the same spot as the last cooker :0)
    The house is very tidy but needs alot of work!! decorating every room..other than the bathroom..I am off hunting for paint in the morning to at least paint the kids rooms to begin with..that way they will at least look clean and tidy whilst we tackle the mountain of jobs in the house...glad to finally have the keys..met the Neighbour alistair and his sheep! which the kids loved!! its nice to stand in the garden and hear sheep instead of yobs..and I know yobs isnt very politically correct of me..but I am to tired to notice..heheheh :0) feel free to drop down for a cuppa over the weekend..we dont have any chairs but we do have a kettle and cups! :) xx

    ReplyDelete