BOO....
Well I realise I am not 'blogging' as much as I would like to...but I am indeed a very busy little bee....getting lost in a mist of fragrance oils, wax and shea butter....could think of worse things!!
I am pondering starting a blog for my business..but given the lack of updates on here I may well just keep bugging you all with my mindless ramblings on here....
Point one this week is that the weather is indeed very,very random!! as far fetched as randomness can be...one minute the sun is blazing, the next minute its hailing, then its raining, and then we have snow...and you musn't forget the wind capable of blowing you away..well not me personally as it would have to be a bloody big tornado style gust to blow my fat bum over!! I love the sunshine...and the rainbows which appear numerous times a day!! everyone said 'if you move up there you will always be frrrreeeeeeezing' but to be honest its not as freezing as I thought it may be...!!!
Point 2 this week is we only have 8 days till moving day!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek and *squeel* at the same time...excited much?? yep!! :0)...off back to the house again on saturday as we need to measure up to buy a cooker...though I shall let Jon do the measuring..the last measuring I did all by myself was for carpets...I was very pleased with myself for measuring a whole room with a 30cm ruler...though when the carpet fitters came..they chuckled in between saying my measurements were totally wrong and my new carpet was too small..but back in those days of singledom I didn't have any money left to buy another one therefore my furniture was strategically placed around to hide the bare patches!!!....hehehehe ;0) I am kind of looking forward to the chaos of unpacking...I think??
Point three is focused on work...I am a bit annoyed now at yet another customer of mine setting up doing the same things as me..but she really takes the title for 'copycat of the year' the latest one!! the pics are identical,scents identical...but she charges 3x as much as me!! lolol...did make me chuckle!! its also be brought to my attention that every time I announce a new idea the lovely copycat is releasing the exact same idea/s a few hours later....now I am aware there are many people who do what I do, but to directly copy mine to a T takes the micky...so copy this witchetygrub....I have been busily mixing my own scents..;0) and have also been busily making my own moulds!! so I can't see anyone being able to directly copy them...so I do have a brain...maybe only pea-sized and it may be more fluff than brain cells but its still functioning...yay me!!
I shall leave you on that note...lots to do!! keep smiling!! mwahhhhhhhhhhhh xxxxx
When you've settled in I'll give you a run down of how to promote a blog for business and how to optimise search engine placements etc.
ReplyDeleteThere's also a good trick for handling people copying your stuff - without needing lawyers and the like, it's legal and above board.
Hey Linzi I remember the episode with the carpets! ow time has moved on eh!
ReplyDeleteIm really proud of what you have achieved. Mum of 5 gorgeous kids and now a business woman. I bet you never thought youd be running your own business, but that you are and very successfully.
Just want to say 'Well Done'XXX
Hope your new house is all you want it to be xx
Oh, couple of things about cookers to think of.
ReplyDeleteIf you've never used electric then you'll hate them. Best is Halogen - about as good as gas, then ceramic. Standard ones are cr*p, take ages to heat up.
You can get gas cookers that run on LPG - just have a tank outside and different jets on the hob.
As electric can go down here for a couple of days - a lot of people have backups for cooking, and don't just rely on electric. I've got a coal fire and can survive on toast if needs be.
Thanks Tony..I will take you up on the offer of the blog stuff..and the copying stuff for that matter...shall pay you in uisge beatha ;0)...been up at the house Today as tracey rang and asked us to go today instead..its a lovely day up there!! as for cookers..its not a standard size cooker that tracey has...but we have the measurements and are looking for one tommorow!I hate electric cookers! they are crap compared to gas aren't they! I am going to hunt for halogen as I really dont like the idea of a gas bottle outside...if the leccy goes off then we have a cracking camping stove ;0) you will have to remember that in case of powercuts you can come to ours for food! ;0)....feels strange knowing we only have a week to go!!! hope your enjoying the sunshine up there xx
ReplyDeleteThanks mum :0) yep who would have thought it if I Had of said a year ago that we would be up in the hebrides running a business I would have laughed!! Love it up here though and am determined to make the best of it! It really is like another world up here!! love you millions xxx