Boo....well what a title!!!
;0) went cooker hunting today and are very limited as to where you can go up here.....after hunting we managed to find one cooker that would fit into the hole at the new house...incidentally its the exact same one I was looking at getting shipped over here...I wanted to support the local shops up here but at over £200 more than the exact same cooker I can ship over here I certainly can't justify it....so we are ordering one online....I wonder how they think they can justify double-ling the charge and adding a bit more on top? Then we went into another shop to look at single beds....practically £200 for one bog standard single bed!!!...again we are shipping them over from the mainland....I really want to support local businesses but will not pay such ridiculous amounts of money to do so! It comes back to my point from yesterday and everything being driven by money!! On the mainland you shop around..but up here you don't have that luxury....thank god for the internet or we would have spent practically a grand on a cooker and 2 single beds!!
I am going to sit and think on this point...surely businesses up here would wan't to help...but maybe pocketing a big profit is more on the agenda? theres one shop which sells blankets from a very well known mainstream shop on the mainland for 5x the price!! its a scandal really!! ....rant over ;0) it still doesnt outweigh the beauty and simplicity of life up here!! xxx
Which shops did you go to? There's some down on the East end of town (down the industrial side) that didn't look too bad in terms of price.
ReplyDeleteBut, general consensus from everyone here I've spoken to is that the town centre is overly expensive.
we went to the wee w electric shop..in the old church? and another shop I can't remember the name of! lol...didn't venture down the industrial side..which shops sell cookers down there? fankyou! xx
ReplyDeleteWas it Scottish Hydro or Lighting Electrical? Only other two places I can think of in town.
ReplyDeleteBest thing to do is just drive down Bells Road and Riggs Road - that's where most of the shops are located and stop when you see an electrical or kitchen shop, there's at least one there.
Oh - the cash and carry carpet world warehouse at the junction of Bells Road and Caberfiehd Road does a range of beds as does MHS across the way.