Thursday, 23 June 2011

Getting sorted..hopefully!

Boo....


Its been a while! hows life in blogland? I have now sorted the appointments back on the mainland so I have the tilt table test on the Tuesday in Glasgow then the mri on Wednesday in inverness...its been tricky to sort it all with having such a big family but we have decided the only way to do it is for all of us to go back to the mainland on the Monday and stay with hubbys mum in callendar..we will be coming home on the 11pm sailing which arrives back into ullapool at 1.40am! the summer timetable is running so I am guessing the 11pm is the extra sailing as it wasn't there before! I just want everything over and done with and hopefully some answers..I am so tired, both physically & mentally...its not like me to be ill! or at least when I have caught a bug off the tribe i've just gone on as normal...but whatever is going on at the minute has really knocked the wind out of my sails! 


Whilst I have been getting on and doing what I can hubby has started to paint the house white..still a long way to go but its looking loads better already..its funny how a lick of paint can make things seem much brighter...
we celebrated sophie's 3rd birthday on Sunday..she had a lovely day, the weather wasn't brilliant but she was to busy painting and playing with playdough to even have time to go out! I can't believe my 'baby' is 3! the years have flwon by...shes a proper little person now! a very cheeky one at that..she makes me laugh everyday without fail!!
 it was obviously also fathers day on Sunday to so the dads in the house had a relaxing day..well as much as it can be relaxed in this madhouse!! 


The garden is bursting to life with lots of colour at the minute...though its getting to look like a jungle...the new strimmer we bought decided to blow up! so we need to get it sorted..we had only used it twice before!! I will get out and about and take some pictures....lots of people say nothing grows up here..but its quite the opposite at the minute..I don't know the names of many of the flowers..I have lots to learn!! 


Still so many plans but still no further forward...but at the minute it can't be helped :0( 


On a happy note we took the girls around to the local park a few days ago...the girls love it up there..the views are beautiful! then we wandered to the bottom on the road to see where it went (as you do) lol...only to find the sea!! It kind of struck home to me at that moment how much we have achieved in the past few years...our main focus used to be alot on having nice things, all the new toys/gadgets the kids could wish for,hubby was working round the clock to make sure we could keep up the lifestyle we had but now everything is different..I don't care about 'material' objects anymore...I just want my family to grow up happy,safe and understanding that you have to work for what you want...but that gets me thinking do we need all we have? as long as we have love, happiness,a roof over our heads and food on the table to me nothing else really matters anymore! and we have all those boxes firmly ticked!! I hope to god I can add health to that list soon!! 


As always keep smiling :0) xxxxxxxxxx


(here's a few pics from the park not a bad view eh!)...








5 comments:

  1. I know you will add HEALTH to that list soon!
    Fingers crossed.
    Take care,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab location for a park. Hope you get your health sorted out very soon. Love the last paragraph of you blog today. Having the latest gadget and working your arse off to pay for them is not the way forward. People should learn to enjoy what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your health is sorted soon, yes they soon grow up don't they, my son is now 23!

    good pics in the park

    I know what you mean about material things, we moved twice in the last five years and some stuff I've just got rid of without a thought that years ago I would have kept.

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family, health, happiness, contentment...the true riches of this earth.

    Good luck with your appointments Linzi.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo everyone else's thoughts on this one. You already have more than many will ever have, or ever hope for. Hopefully your health will recover soon, too. Take it easy, but take it.....

    ReplyDelete