Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Sunshine & charity shops = knackered but happy!

hiya....
well this morning I went to get the heart monitor fitted..only took a few mins and I have to have it on until friday...got the tilt table test and mri in glasgow on the 5th july... apparently inverness has a 20 week wait for mri's! As I said yesterday I have to try and have a 'normal' few days...and I am absolutely knackered and sore!!


went into town with hubby, dad & the littleones...it was nice to be outside in the sunshine..we stood watching for seals at the harbour and spotted 2..which made us all smile :0)


then we did the usual of looking round the charity shops..I went armed with a list of window sizes to try and buy some curtains for..especially the living room as I hate our 'office blinds' as I call them...they came with the house and are fitted so close that you can't open the windows....I managed to get 2 pairs..one cream pair with a flower pattern on for the living room which look lovely for the bargain price of a fiver!!


I also picked up a pair of lion king curtains for the littleones window for £4...dont match anything but the girls love the film so I dont care!!


I found a lovely tablecloth too which is hand embroidered with a lovely flower pattern...it seems a shame to only pay £2 for something that has obviously been a labour of love but its come to a good home :0) excuse the pic quality..it needs ironing! 





but of everything today my absolute bargain has to be the girls new house! went round to the hospice shop to find it packed to the brim..right outside was a big yellow house with a red roof..it caught my eye immediately..it made me think of the girls watching balamory...there wasn't a price and when I enquired they said just a fiver! so I told them it was mine ;0) inside the shop really is full to the brim...at the minute I am not buying anymore furniture until I finish my projects already here!! I did come across a cross with the serenity prayer on though...I freely admit I am not a religious person but I really like the wordings, it seems true to the heart......so off I wandered with my cross to pick up the house and got chatting to the staff who where seemingly struggling to put several prams together...now if there is one thing I do know its prams! so after a few minutes they were all together and I showed them what bits went with what prams and how to put them up/down...they were very grateful and gave me the cross and the house for a fiver! and its the best fiver I have spent in a long while...the girls love there house!! sophie made an unlikely family consisting of hamster,bob the builder,fimbles,binmen and badgers! I love her imagination.....
 grrrrr..soph being a tiger!

 cheeky madam!!

 I want to shrink and move in! its alot more colourful than our house!

 sophs family! ;0)


 :0) xx

 soph's moved in! 




I have also made a few bubblebombs which are hardening overnight, a few soaps and some teacup candles..


but for now I am done in, my chest is really sore so I am going to bed! with a smile...its been nice to go out!! tommorow I am staying in, working as much as I can xxxxxxxxx



3 comments:

  1. Hi Linzi, sorry to hear about your sore chest. x
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Looking forward to reading more of yours.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day out....and you can never beat a good bargain. The house is obviously a real winner, there. Good luck in Glasgow but Raigmore/Inverness should have better times than this, surely?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SFT- I enjoy reading your blog :0) xx
    We did have a good day thanks yeractual..the house is still the toy of the moment! its never away!..as for the hospitals they have been trying to co-ordinate the appointments together..they bumped the MRI to urgent as the lists where very long! now I have an appointment in glasgow then one in inverness the following day xxx

    ReplyDelete