Tuesday, 28 June 2011

2 Days till school hols descend! eeeek!

Boo,


Well I cannot believe the kids only have 2 days left in school!! neither can they..our eldest daughter amy-lou keeps saying the her english friends have agesssssss to go before summer! its strange the way little changes make big differences! I feel very proud of my littleones settling in so well to there new school it makes me smile everyday to see them happy to be going into school!
Its exciting to think we will be having our first summer up here...I have been looking through this...http://www.hiddenlewis.org.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
we plan to explore everywhere we can! its such a beautiful place!!..I know I always say it but it is!!
I have been stocking up on art & craft supplies whenever I have seen them on sale! and I have been stocking up on new board games from the charity shops along with lots more books!..I am going to put together a big rainy day box..as we get the occasional wet day up here you know! ;0)
One of the neighbours has told us about another beach up here but you have to go through farm gates to get to it..so I will get them to show us as knowing me and my lack of braincells I will end up in the middle of some poor farmers croft...so thats another new place to explore!
So many things have changed in the past 6 months..thats how long we have been here now give or take a few days!! Life doesn't feel as rushed or stressed anymore..we have connected more as a family, spend more time talking, more time thinking..lots of fresh air!..silly little changes like not having sky anymore..why the hell do you need to pause telly anyway?? give me a book, a chair and the sky outside anyday..give me a bucket and spade and a deserted beach! I don't wan't chaos..I don't want to be like passing ships in the night..I feel like I have a real partnership at home now..we bring up our babies together! Who cares if by giving up financial security of a good job means we don't have wardrobes full of designer gear and a house full of gadgets? We have our own home..with no mortgage and our own business! ...small but ours....look at all the greedy big shops that are going into administration!!..I bet the greedy bigwigs at the top will still collect big pay cheques..its the workers who will struggle..I hate greed..theres no place for it in my house quite frankly...money is just a means to an end...a tool to stay clothed and fed...you have to take us as you find us..simple as that really!
..I think we have been searching high and low for home! we have moved so many times in the past I was starting to feel like a gypsy! But now hand on heart I can safely say we won't move again!!

We are planning to get all the kids school stuff/clothes/shoes whilst we are on the mainland next week..one thing I do find is up here school stuff is limited and expensive! I was shocked at how many hundreds of pounds it cost to kit out the kids for school when we moved here!! so we will stockpile uniforms & shoes! There isn't really much else we 'need' and I don't want anything ..which is strange in itself :0)....we are only gone a couple of days..and I am sure we will be glad to get home again...I haven't had the best of weeks with my dizziness and my head..I really wish the pain would go away now!!..Dad's gone home now aswell and to be honest I wan't normality back! trying to co-ordinate hospital appointments back on the mainland with 5 littleones in tow isn't easy!! I am worried about the MRI scan..I don't really like feeling enclosed..It says to take a CD but to be honest I think I would end up singing along to try and calm myself down..so I think music isn't a good idea as you have to lie perfectly still and I don't want to make a tit of myself lying there singing..therefore moving my head!!! I have to have my brain scanned (if they can find one!) and my cervical spine..whatever that is! then theres the tilt table test which doesn't sound good :0( but it will all be over with next week..whatever the outcome I will face it with my beautiful family!!
Tommorow will be spent finishing presents for the teachers, back on the mainland I always used to just grab stuff off the shelves but this year I am making pamper boxes..bubblebombs,bathbombs,exfoliating body washes,body butter and wax melts...

Talking of my beautiful family it sounds like world war 3 is breaking out upstairs so I had better go and investigate..wish me luck!! I hope your all having A lovely week! Enjoy your sunshine...Though I do wonder about the weather and people! complaining when its raining...complaining if it doesn't rain..then complaining when its sunny! lol..would be good if you could have an outdoor thermostat but that won't ever happen..so just smile and be happy...tommorows another day! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Linzi I don't like feeling enclosed either and was worried about having an MRI scan. I found the best thing to do was to close my eyes and keep them shut till it was over. Hope it all goes well. Shall be thinking of you.
    Aurora (Albedo's BH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linzi,
    What a beautiful post, full of what you treasure most in your life. You have been very brave with the choices you have made and sound very contented.
    I hope everything goes well during your hospital visit. I will be thinking of you.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Aurora...thankyou :0) I will certainly be glad when its over with..I hope your well :0) xx
    @ sft...thankyou hun, we certainly are contented here..hand on heart we have never been happier :0) I hope your well xx
    @Sandie..thankyou :0) I hope your well..and have had a lovely week xx
    keep smiling everyone! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope the hospital visit goes ok, never had an MRI scan so can't give any advice.

    it sounds lovely living there, totally agree about designer clothes etc, who needs it!

    they don't need any bus drivers up there do they? :-)

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete