We took the tribe for a wander around lews castle, here's a link with lots of info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lews_Castle its a beautiful part of lewis, one thing I didn't realise is that the 'fairy house' as my lot like to call it actually has someone living in it..I would love to live there! Its like something out of a fairytale...the kids go back to school next week, where have the weeks gone?? and on the same day my mum & her partner are coming visiting lewis for the first time, I am really looking forward to showing them the island, and I hope they will understand why we fell in love and moved here...we are going to visit the standing stones, the blackhouse village,uig beach, bosta beach as I read that the iron age house there is open at this time of year, and anywhere else I can think of, if any local folk have any suggestions please fling them my way..they are here for 10 days and we want to make the most of it! Anyhow thats enough rambling for one day,i'm feeling very tired now so heading off to bed!! keep smiling folks.....enjoy the pics xxx
Thursday, 11 August 2011
Lews castle
Hiya, well Its been lovely up here again today..don't shout at me though,I didn't send the rain to the mainland..but feel free to keep hold of it for a while as we have visitors next week :)
We took the tribe for a wander around lews castle, here's a link with lots of info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lews_Castle its a beautiful part of lewis, one thing I didn't realise is that the 'fairy house' as my lot like to call it actually has someone living in it..I would love to live there! Its like something out of a fairytale...the kids go back to school next week, where have the weeks gone?? and on the same day my mum & her partner are coming visiting lewis for the first time, I am really looking forward to showing them the island, and I hope they will understand why we fell in love and moved here...we are going to visit the standing stones, the blackhouse village,uig beach, bosta beach as I read that the iron age house there is open at this time of year, and anywhere else I can think of, if any local folk have any suggestions please fling them my way..they are here for 10 days and we want to make the most of it! Anyhow thats enough rambling for one day,i'm feeling very tired now so heading off to bed!! keep smiling folks.....enjoy the pics xxx
We took the tribe for a wander around lews castle, here's a link with lots of info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lews_Castle its a beautiful part of lewis, one thing I didn't realise is that the 'fairy house' as my lot like to call it actually has someone living in it..I would love to live there! Its like something out of a fairytale...the kids go back to school next week, where have the weeks gone?? and on the same day my mum & her partner are coming visiting lewis for the first time, I am really looking forward to showing them the island, and I hope they will understand why we fell in love and moved here...we are going to visit the standing stones, the blackhouse village,uig beach, bosta beach as I read that the iron age house there is open at this time of year, and anywhere else I can think of, if any local folk have any suggestions please fling them my way..they are here for 10 days and we want to make the most of it! Anyhow thats enough rambling for one day,i'm feeling very tired now so heading off to bed!! keep smiling folks.....enjoy the pics xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




























lovely photo's, looks a great place to visit,
ReplyDeleteback at school already, holidays go so quickly!
Josie x
Fantastic photos again Linzi! Hope the weather stays for your mum's visit and she loves the place.
ReplyDeleteSft x
Some lovely pix.....make it all very tempting, esp when the sun's out! Have a great week, including weather!
ReplyDelete