Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Time flies when you don't worry anymore!!

Boo....
well yet again its been a while, the kids have gone back to school..and I have to say the new school is amazing!! the official school tour is tommorow, it certainly looks very impressive! the kids love it..all the classrooms open into a large central garden with loads of picnic tables, so there's no more scrums in the corridors to get to the playground, our second youngest monkey amber started school for the first time, I was nervous but she has settled in really well! starts full days on thursday...we will feel lost only having little sophie at home all day! the older monkeys are really enjoying being back with there friends and so far fingers crossed we have had lots of positive feedback..lots of hardwork and lots of smiles at the end of the day! 


On my last post I said we where making a summer collage, which we did, with lots of sparkles and funky colours..you will have to wait till tomorrow for pics, the pics are all in my mobile..I haven't even charged it for over a week!! technology has been on a back burner..we have just been enjoying time together :0)


Mum & her partner came for there visit..It was lovely to see them, we found tolsta beach for the first time..which I have to say is bloody amazing! we are hoping for nice weather this weekend then we can take all the kids down, I am sure Connor will love the little caves!! another visit was paid to the standing stones, one of my favourite places on the island, its so peaceful...and finally we sat at our local beach,bayble drinking bubbly from plastic cups enjoying the sunshine..and swimming in the sea..fully dressed! let me tell you its not easy to swim in a maxi dress..and a good tip is to not look down! crabs!!! and lots of them..including a huge green crab that I swear was after my foot!! the 10 day visit passed very quickly...pulled at my heartstrings to think that we won't see any one else this year and that we won't ever have a Christmas with other family members again..I can understand why people don't want to travel in December and it just wouldn't be possible to fit us 7 and presents in the car...but its a decision we made, and we wouldn't go back, we have found our little piece of heaven up here :) we are staying put!! 
I am back to see the consultant on Monday, still trying to find a middle ground with my medication but not doing to well, I was on 80mg, dropped to 40mg to see if I could cope better but to be honest its still making me feel dreadful, if I take enough to lower my heartrate then I feel very tired,achey & struggle to move very much..but if I don't take it my heart just keeps getting faster..I am not going back to 80mg for anyone..I will dig my heels in as my monkeys need a mum, not a useless pointless lump!! I am really having a battle in my head at the minute..so much going on :( I am not managing to work,but have spent to much time & effort..not to mention the expense to build my business up....I must think positive!! 
Autumn is definitely springing up on the island..the nights are drawing in, as is the cold..I love this time of year, it feels cosy..hot chocolates in front of the open fire..looking forward to Christmas thinking how much has changed over the year...speaking of Christmas starting this week I am taking out a set amount of money from the bank and putting it aside for Christmas, I am also keeping my eye out for good deals on toys, I confess that I USED! to be one of those who follows the trends, all the latest gadgets..mounds of toys,but hand on heart our priorities have switched..since we moved here we haven't even unpacked the wii or the x-box and the kids haven't mentioned them...we are all far happier drawing together & playing board games, I am also going to start making a list of things to make for Christmas..I have over 300 fragrance oils so everyone will be guaranteed some handmade smellies/candles...I also want to make some Xmas bunting,holly wreaths & saltdough decs...so many ideas for a lovely cosy christmas that will not cost the earth...never a dull moment in heaven :) ....I hope everyone keeping well, keeping warm & keeping safe...thankyou for taking time to read my ramblings...I am going to make a concious effort to keep blogging now the monkeys are back at school xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Hello, glad to have you back, missed your blogging and am still hoping you start to feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou :) I hope your keeping well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was thinking about you today and that I'd not seen you about but then remembered you had guests. Huge hugs and hope you get things sorted out soon xxxx elf sweat xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Elf sweat ;0) will get there in the end hun!! not been deliberately vanishing...lots to decide! life eh!! hope your ok hunni (((((hugehugsRB@U)))))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had an amazing time. i loved the beaches , drinking champagne on the beach and swimming in the sea , fantastic.
    We know why you moved there what an amazing place to live such a laid back way of life.
    the kids are really happy and using their imaginations rather than using electronic gadgets to keep them amused, it was great to see them playing together.
    im so proud of you and what you have achieved in somewhat difficult circumstances at the moment.
    Love you all very much, big hugs to u all and hope it wont be too long before we see each other again.
    Thanks again for giving us such a wonderful holiday
    All my love
    Mum
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back posting. Hope you get your medication sorted soon. I also love Tolsta beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Aurora :) I hope your well....I can't believe we hadn't found tolsta beach before!! It reminded me of uig just on a smaller scale, there where alot of jellyfish washed up - there seems to be alot on most of the beaches at the minute so take care next time you visit the beaches xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you don't have to say thankyou mum, it was lovely to have you here, I am glad you think we made the right decision moving here, its good to finally feel we can call somewhere home! we have ordered all the kids wetsuits now seen as they love the sea so much, been back to watch the seals this morning too, jon managed to get some pics so will send you some, Love you both loads ((((bighugs)))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get yourself down to Scarista - it's a bit of a pain to get onto (you have to park by the road and walk across a field) but it's massive.

    ReplyDelete