Hello fellow bloggers,
hows life treating you?? I apologise (yet again!) for the lack of blogging..but I have been in a rather sorry state..rahhhhhhhh!! we did go camping on the site at reef beach, which is beautiful..somewhat dampened by being pitched next to one of the grumpiest,rude & stuck up her own backside women I have ever had the dis-pleasure to meet!! we got to the site, located the owner..who is one of the loveliest women you could ever wish to meet! and where directed to the only pitch left big enough for our tent, no problem we thought..well we parked the car,let the kids out and went to get cracking..then the kids where yelled at by the delightful soul in the next tent,to keep away from there bike & there tent.. of which there was a fence between us and I didnt see the issue especially as our kids where just happy to be out of the car running around enjoying the sunshine, we apologised..though I am not sure what for?? I think just to keep the peace...but to cut a long story short I was labelled a 'mad woman' and her kids told us that they had been told not to look at us,not to speak to us and not to go near us...well I can honestly say I have NEVER felt so insulted! the following day the woman went and her husband and children all spoke to us, we all sat together on the beach, the kids where catching fish together but then she came back at the end of the day and that was that..off the family trotted as she bellowed over the hill and we where back to being ignored!! Its a strange world!!
The kids loved camping, loved the freedom..and the beach, and the little fishes!..I have pics but cant locate the wire to add them onto my computer right now! ..the weather was truly glorious!!..since we came home the kids have been merrily playing together..drawing,baking,naming all the sheep in the croft again...especially one..whos been named Emma..she loves our garden..and regularly hops the fence to have a munch at the grass!!...talking of grass we borrowed a strimmer..but couldnt work out how it worked?? lol...but managed to get the front garden tidied up..and some more of the house painted..we are going for white..with black windowsills..I didn't get my pink windowsills in the end..but seen as I am not doing it I can't grumble!!
Its not long till the kids go back to school now and we are hoping to get another camping trip in at the weekend and stay for a few days down on uig beach but it very much depends on wether I can get my medication fixed! I had my appointment for the results of all my tests..amazingly I have a brain!! my necks a bit knackered with buldging disks..but I guessed that as my neck looks wonky at the back anyway....from the results of my tilt table test and portable heart monitor the consultant has come up with POT'S syndrome, http://www.potsuk.org/ something I had never heard of, but very much fits how I have been feeling for a long while now...its one of those situations where I think you bury your head in the sand and don't listen..just nod in the right places, take your prescription and walk away..lots of big words I didnt understand about some system or other in my body not working properly..its why my heart rate keeps shooting up and I keep falling over!! the consultant put me from 20mg beta blockers to 80mg beta blockers and warned me of the fact I may feel worse...well he wasn't wrong! its not fun loosing near total function of your legs!from what I have read some people with pots can tolerate betablockers but others cannot tolerate them at all - I am telling him that I am not taking them anymore..I just cannot function..but I won't give up!! from what I have read and spoke to other POT's people about its not going to go away anytime soon - if ever!, there's alot for me to adjust to get my head around and I really do feel crappy right now..so I apologise in advance if there's another long gap before I blog again...I am having a better day with my legs today and haven't collapsed once..which is progress as the past week its been daily..several times :0( ...life has a funny way of throwing things at you, we move..we are happy and now my health goes to pot(quite literally!!).....well I won't be beaten...even if I do feel like a total bloody embarassment when I go out of the house..its not fun when you literally cannot put one foot in front of the other properly!! I am lucky though and have alot to be thankful for, I have an amazing hubby who truly is a rock to me and 5 amazing children..who all fill my heart with love everyday..things will work out in the end..somehow!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linzi, you are so brave and determined. Well done for cherishing what matters most in life, your wonderful family!
ReplyDeleteThe woman at the campsite sounds like a c*w!
Sft x
Heya, not the same, but I remember being told I had coeliac disease, after my biopsy i got a phone call to tell me I had it, then was pretty much left to my own devices.
ReplyDeletex
the campsite woman sounded awful...what a way for a mother to act....