Good afternoon lovelies :0)
As the title suggests its a beautiful day up here....its lovely to get up to sunshine it really does show the beauty and simplicity of why we moved up here!!
The kids are reaping the benefits..another day in the garden, its funny because when we lived back on the mainland we didnt let the kids play outside without us keeping a constant watch on them..our garden was on the corner of 3 different junctions...the hedge had a big gap where a car had driven right through it!! But here it really is like another world!! the only thing behind our garden is croftland..and the neighbours on either side are fantastic! The neighbours on the left of us have lots of sheep in the croft and the kids spend ages chatting away and giving all the sheep and new lambs :0) names....the neighbours on the right have gone again now, they arent here a lot...but on friday I looked out to see him passing all manner of bikes/trikes over the hedge for the kids...to which I am very greatful for..as are the kids :0)
The one word that always springs to mind is 'safe' it feels safe here full stop!! I just keep standing looking out of the window and saying to hubby 'its lovely to see the kids so happy' who knows what the future holds? but no one can ever take our house away so we will make sure it works!!
As for work for anyone who doesn't already know up here its very strict on a Sundays as everyone follows the rules of the 'sabbath' all the shops are shut, all the parks are closed and its a day to relax with family...I am embracing it now! I am supposed to be doing a candle auction on FB tonight but I really don't think I will get time...so much to do....our first visitors are coming on wednesday and staying for a week..dad and his partner...I hope they will love it up here and see why we made the choices that we did...so today I really do need to do some more unpacking/sorting so the house is functioning when they come!!
I have more cheese and onion bread in the maker, more lentil soup on the go...and must make some muffins for packed lunches tommorow!! So I had better go and get started!!
Have a lovely day..enjoy the sunshine xxxxxxxxx

No comments:
Post a Comment