Well I apologise for a week with no posting...we had our first visitors...and what a week we had! the weather has been glorious...most of the week was spent wandering round beaches, and the castle grounds..we had never ventured around Lews castle grounds before and I must say I was impressed! as was everyone else...weather wise I have to say we have had the best weeks worth of weather since we moved her...dad said he brought the weather with him but I know thats a lie as he didn't take it back with him!!
this is a new beach we only found this week..Bosta beach..you could really sit back and imagine you are somewhere tropical as the sand is so white and the sea is so blue....Its definatly a place we will go again, it took approx 45mins to get there, on the beach there is also an old iron age house, it was shut when we visited but we will be going back when its open..I want to see how its possible to stand up in the house as this is the door!!....
excuse my wonky picture I always take pictures at funny angles..if only to drive hubby insane!! ;0) the next piccy is the roof of the house...it was weighted down with rocks tied to ropes that where thrown over the roof..there where quite a few holes around the roof so I am assuming they are for ventillation..but will let you know when we go back during opening times!!Another trip we went on was to the callendish standing stones our visitors wanted to see the stones...and they where worth the visit but it was windy when we went so I was worried about the littleones being blown away! and to be honest with the littleones running around I was worried we might get shouted at by one of the many tourists trying to take pictures...in my eyes kids should be allowed to be kids and run around happily however there was a very grumpy looking chap..so we departed..heres a couple of piccies :0)
Back to this week and the big royal wedding! well I shall not bore you with my opinions and start a riot..all I will say is I chose not to watch..Im one of those people who thinks weddings should be a personal,private event not plastered all over everywhere! however our kids have got a couple of friends around today so they had there own tea party whilst watching the wedding whilst I got on with jobs in the house! Then I made a tent for the kids in the garden out of duvets and washing lines...they then evicted me!! monkeys...so I am back in the kitchen sulking..and contemplating chucking water at them all for being mean to me...sometimes I forget I am 27 and not 10!! lol.....Infact I may well go and put the big tent up and evict them!! >;0) hehehehe! money wise this week its been a challgenge as we had visitors round who hadnt seen the island before so we spent a fortune on diesel and lunches out..we did have a couple of picnics on the beach though! This week back to normality..I am not actually doing a food shop..infact I am going to use up what we have in the freezer/cupboards..so this week we will save instead of spend! No long journeys..unless they are on foot!! The kids are off till tuesday so I may well stick the tent up and spend the weekend in the garden..some people think I am barking mad putting a tent in my own back garden but quite frankly I dont care! I love sleeping under the stars!!
I hope everyone has had a fabulous week :0) mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh xxxxx




Glad you had a lovely time and the weather stayed good. BH & I also discovered Bosta. I've some pictures of the inside of the Iron Age dwelling, all taken with flash as it's really dark in there. If you plan to go back when it's open take a big torch or lantern; we didn't get to see the inside till we looked at the photos! The headroom is amazing, and there's a kind of mezzanine sleeping area in one half. Plus loads of candles round the walls as though some folks hold candlelit meetings.
ReplyDelete:0) best week we have had up here so far!! Bosta is lovely...there are so many amazing beaches up here arent there!! I will take a torch ;0) thanks for the tip..it seems so small when you walk down the steps to the door!! hehe I might just move in I bet its lovely and peaceful there!! I hope your enjoying the sunshine :0)
ReplyDelete