Good afternoon....
Well more beautiful sunshine up here today! In the end we did put the tent up in the garden last night..right at the bottom of the garden where its shaded by trees as it gets very hot in that tent! We had given up on ever camping again after our first venture...we bought a cheap tent off e-bay thinking it looked amazing...however pardon my language it was utter s*ite!! By the time we had got the tent up there was a gap so big from the bottom of the tent to the floor that an adult could have easily slid underneath it! needless to say the tent went in the bin after one night and we went home..happy to never camp again!!
However last year I was looking for cheap holiday ideas..I dont go abroad...dont like the thought of it to be honest..and I came across a site selling £400 gelert 10 man tents for £189 so I thought sod it and bought one.....its fab! theres a bedroom for us a bedroom for the kids and a huge living space! plus its easy to put up! we have since bought airbeds,camping kitchen,camping sofa,lights and all the stuff we need....so we are spending the weekend outside under the stars...it got a bit chilly last night outside but it didnt feel cold in the tent....another no more TV weekend again :0)
As for food hubby had to go and pick up nappies from the co-op but he also picked up some bargains on the reduced section..so much for not food shopping this week! but in fairness he got approx £40 of food for a tenner so I am not going to complain...more in the freezer means no more shopping for longer :0) I am having a bash at making salmon & chilli fishcakes this evening..but for now I had better hop off..bread needs to be made, cakes need baking then I am going to go and sit outside and have some family time with the tribe......enjoy the sunshine everyone xxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment