Well as the title suggests! shopping...or lack of on my part...I have sent hubby along with our eldest monster to do the shopping! Under strict instructions! no biscuits,sweets,junk,ready made meals....nope just fresh fruit,veg,meat, pulses,flours,stocks...god knows what they will come back with! but guaranteed I am going to have a busy week ahead starting everything from scratch! cant wait! will rope hubster and the kids in too!! Will just have to see what the food-bill is like!! feel free to share links to recipes/ online food shops who ship to the hebrides!! I am going to spend this evening sanding/painting...I also have to make some blinds/curtains...Does anyone have any patterns?? I have been looking alot at this site! fab! http://www.frugal.org.uk/
Crofters market on Saturday mornings - best place to get good quality, fresh veg, it's all seasonal so can be a bit sparse but worth nipping to on your way to t' supermarket.
ReplyDeleteThe butchers in town are best call for meat as well - supermarkets are OK but the butchers are better value for money.