Sunday, 22 May 2011

Another busy week..another birthday done..:0)

BOO :0)

Hows your week been? Its been another crazy week here..I am not sure where the days go at the minute! they all seem to merge into one then before you know it its weekend again!! I have been very busy working..all going well and getting back on top of things again!!

Yesterday was our eldest's birthday!! I can't believe my baby boy is 10!! Hes grown up so much since he went/came back from York...we had a long chat with his teacher - who is very impressed with him...his attitude to work has changed - for the better, and his attitude in general has really changed..he hasn't sworn at me all week..which sound rediculous but its a big change again for the better here!! In regards to presents we told the kids when we moved that we wouldnt have hundreds of pounds to throw at birthdays anymore and that by giving them the lifestyle they have now that there would be sacrifices....connor asked for lego mainly as he loves building! I left hubby in charge of buying his 'big present' and he got him a big starwars lego kit which connor loves! we also picked up books for him, new clothes, cars and drawing bits and bobs...after last week we have given up trying to fix the laptop..we have been keeping our eye out for a second hand pc...we decided it would be better to have a desktop pc for connor as its the same as what he uses at school...as luck would have it we found a listing on e-bay for someone selling a tower..but when we spoke to him he put us a whole package together, windows 7,office suite,flat screen monitor for an absolute bargain £50! so we gave that to connor for his birthday too...he loves it :0)


I also went hunting in charity shops again and found a half table for £8..I have sanded it back, re-varnished and now it looks lovely near the front door :0)
I also got all the harry potter books in brand new condition for 20p each! along with a few 'old' books..I like old books..they intrigue me, I like looking through old books full of pictures...especially ones with 'homely' pictures in..I need to get around to framing some of the pictures..as I have a beautiful book of fairy pictures that I want to hang in the girls room.
I also found a huge framed print of a picture that my grandma has above her fire a constable print 'the haywain'...its not to everyones taste but I am an oldy worldy girl at heart and I think it looks lovely..bargain price of a fiver!! And it reminded me of being young again and visiting grandma and grandad...grandma rang me today which was nice..we had a long chat and i told her I now have the same pic hanging above my fire too -

The girls picked up a few new bits and bobs from save the children...the staff in there are lovely..and I think buying from charity shops actually does help the charities concerned! I am going to have a big sort this week and drop some stuff into them. 

This week to-do list is:- work- but at least I only have to walk to the kitchen to get there luckily as we are looking at more bad weather tommorow but the forecast is looking better so hopefully it won't be too bad...its funny in the living room we actually have a magic carpet!! The wind gets underneath it and it actually lifts up!! hehehe...

I also wan't to do some work in the garden, pick up some veg plants and some plants for the kids to put in there 'garden patch'...I love the fact the kids love the outdoors so much! I will never tire of watching them explore! 

Finish my ottomans

Do some more patchwork

Make a huge effort - and achieve!! cooking everything from scratch...gotta love slowcookers!

Sort and drop bags into the charity shop

For now though I best get off my bum and retrieve hubbys dinner from the oven before it burns! I hope you have all had a lovely week...keep smiling



xxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! :)Setting a good example for the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to stop nicking the stuff I want from the charity shop! If you take the piano I'm going to be most dischuffed.

    Which shop did you get the picture from? I need some more for the house but haven't seen that many around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :0) thanks hun xxx

    OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH piano!! will grab that in the morning ;0) hehehehehe...if only I had somewhere to put it!!

    Got the picture from save the children for a fiver...saw it propped up behind the door as we walked out! there where a few pics in the bethesda hospice furniture place..the one where you nicked my writing desk from ;) what kinda pics are you after? I am in town a couple of times this week so will see if I can pick some up if you like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta for the offer I was looking for a Constable :-) I didn't see anything I liked at the Bethesda place so I'll have a look at the save the children one - haven't been in there yet.

    How's the magic carpet today?

    ReplyDelete