Thursday, 26 May 2011

Big decisions!...again!

Evening folks!!


The suns back at the minute..though I would apprieciate it going dark before midnight! my body clock has gone to pot!!


Anyway today has been spent looking at shops! we have decided to rent a shop and open our firts 'linzi's hebridean yummies' well if only it was that simple! The business is doing really well online but I feel its a natural progression to move into bricks and mortar! We saw one shop that said rent was negotiable, yet on seeing them in person negotiable is £800 per month which doesnt include business rates so all in all in excess of £1k per month! which the estate agents say is shocking!!
We then went to see another 'space' perfect if it wasn't so big..infact marvellous but its just to big...its a shame as its right opposite tesco in town and will be totally kitted out how you want it!! So if any of you stornoway folk need any space and don't mind sharing give me a yell!!


I have also decided that I should have been a detective as after lots of digging and questions I have the home telephone number  for the bloke who owns practically every empty shop in town!! I am hoping he will do us a good deal, we want to pay 6mnths upfront so the first 6mnths we just have to think about selling products!! I hope we find somewhere! I am excited at the prospect of running a shop!!


On a totally different note I have just got back from our first trip to the cinema at ann lantair in town...took 2 of our monsters one of there friends and another mum...I was surprised at the size of it inside! The kids loved it!! 


Other than that my brain is boggled thinking about business..I really do want to build a strong stable future for the kids! I just hope we can find the right space!!!!!! Wish us luck...I shall no go down without a fight!!!

5 comments:

  1. Are you around tomorrow? Could be potentially interested in the space opposite Tesco's with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are but I have alot to get through tommorow do you wanna come round in the evening 4 a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish you luck!
    If only I could be so good at it!

    Have a relaxing weekend,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there from the Westside. Good luck on your business. HAve you taken your stuff into the centre at the Calanais stones - or An Lanntair? They are happy to sell locally made things. Certainly there is a lot of crafts etc in the centre here, which people take in. I imagine you have already thoguht of that anyway. Hope you are feeling better. x xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Sandie :0) I hope your well xxx

    Hiya Barefoot crofter...love the name of your blog!! I have thought about it but to be I honest I think its always been a dream of mine to run a shop that only stocks handmade products! and after chucking everything in and moving up here I think I can have a bash at anything..you only live once eh :0) am determined to at least try! hope your ok...just had a look at your post from today, lovely piccies, keep smiling xxxx

    ReplyDelete