Hiya everyone xxx
Sorry for the lack of 'blogging' its been a manic week...but thankfully we have got to Saturday without any more problems! We are taking Soph to the docs on monday just to get her checked out she is alot better in herself but shes sleeping more/heavier if that makes sense? I think she just enjoys nicking mummys half of the bed personally ;0) when something awful happens it really helps to put things into perspective! I am very lucky to have such a beautiful family..and as much as I would love eyes everywhere with such a big family accidents do happen..thankfully not very often!!
Connor had an amazing time on his school trip! And he came home to a bedroom of his own! finally managed to get it cleared/sorted! He did make me chuckle he went away with £40 spending money and came home with no souvenirs as he spent his money on his 'girlfriend' :0) hes only 9!! well 10 next week...scary stuff!! We really couldn't decide what to do about spending money for his trip £10 per day seemed so much for Connor as he has no concept of money anyway! In the end we went 50/50 as grandad gave him some spending money too so £20 from us and £20 from grandad! I really want my children to grow up knowing the value of money...as far as we go as a family if we don't have it we dont spend it!..simple really! I often shout at the telly when adverts come on advertising loans!! I can't get my head around why people borrow so little and pay back so much!...greedy companies! desperate people :0( I suppose..I hate,hate,hate the way people profit in others misfortune!!
I went out for a couple of hours yesterday to look for some bits and bobs in town, theres another 2nd hand furniture shop opened, raising money for the local hospice..I managed to find 2 lovely ottomans, I have been looking for some kind of storage for blankets/towels and my charity shop finds are perfect! I have lots of fabric already so will re-cover the tops and I also have some paint i can use to paint the boxes too..so all in all £20 plus bits here for 2 lovely ottomans :0) I also picked up another pile of books..I love burying my head in a good book and its rubbed off on the kids! at this rate we will have enough books to run a library!
I have also decided where our veg plot will be and will start digging it out next week! found that the petshop/garden centre in town have lots of veggie plants in at the minute! when we lived back on the mainland lots and lots of hours where poured into creating a veggie patch behind the barn and it worked wonders! theres nothing better than fresh veg just picked out of the ground! writing that reminds me I also need lots of hanging baskets for strawberries! we grew them in hanging baskets last year and they were yummy!
I have also stuck a message on freecycle asking for large tubs to grow spuds in!
I am also working very hard on the website but progress hasn't been very much this week (until today) and I am now on track to re-open on monday! so all in all a manic week!! And no I shall not be watching the eurovision song contest..going to make some entertainment here instead ;0) who needs jedward anyway?
Hope you have all had a lovely week.....keep smiling..and remember its sunday tommorow! sit down and do nowt....everyone deserves a day off ;0) xxxxxxxxxxxx
Oddly enough I've just been into the same shop and was going to let you know about it - but once again, you beat me to the stuff I was after! (The ottomans)
ReplyDeleteI did manage to get some wardrobes though (and the writing desk in the corner as well)
Hint for the potatoes - you can use sacks (or those really big and thick supermarket bags)instead of containers - I've got some rubble sacks I was going to use you're welcome to a couple to try out if you want.
Glad to hear that Sophie is OK and that Conner had a good time on the mainland.
yeah but you keep taking my stuff too...first the hall stand! now the writing desk...grrrrr I am gonna pinch them when your not looking ;0) lol they had loads of wardrobes in didn't they! I couldn't even find the shop to begin with so went into the other one..didnt see anything in there though..well nowt that we could agree on anyway!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even think of sacks! someone of freecycle just offered us some too...hope your both good :0) fancy something to eat and a few drinks on friday? not promising the ritz im not the best of cooks but I wont poison u ;0) x
I don't think your children will grow up not knowing the value of money - not with your excellent example! Good on yer, girl!
ReplyDeletecan only try our best :0) lifes for living eh..not money ;0) I still think it feels like a different world up here!! thankyou for your kind words..hope your still in love with Lewis too :0) xxx
ReplyDelete