Sunday, 15 May 2011

I hate electricals!! its official!! stuffing up our frugaldom!!

Wow so much for relaxing on sundays!!
Kids had there friends around to play again...I have been a busy bee gutting the front room...it actually looks lovely,clean! & cosy now..but cream carpets,5 kids,3 chinchillas, one bloody big german rabbit and coal do not mix! I have spent hours doing my best cinderella impression scrubbing the carpet clean!!

As per the title of this post I am bloody sick of electricals!! when we moved we had to buy a new cooker as there wasn't one here..which I cant criticise after spending months using crappy cookers its good to have a decent halogen one!! But about 2 weeks ago the big fridge freezer decided to go on strike!! we bought it four years ago for the best part of £1,000 so we were not happy it went bang!! but the thing that totally peed me off was it went bang the day after we did a huge food shop!! had to bin two whole black bags of food :0( pfffffft!! so new food bill and new fridge/freezer bill!! grrrrr!!

Yesterday our eldest declared that hes old enough to deserve a computer/telly/dvd in his room...well the telly and dvd is a big fat NO! we have portables we could put in there but to be honest when the kids are home we prefer family time and I know if he has a telly in his room we will never see him!! the computer isn't such a big issue as he has problems with reading/writing but seems to really enjoy typing! rather than buy a new computer we remembered the laptop which I acidentally spilled wine in (hic) was working again...back in those days I threw a paddy and went straight out to buy a new laptop (shamefaced!) but now given our new found freedom from the daily grind and a huge drop in money I am all for re-using/re cycling...infact I am enjoying breathing new leases of life into things destined for the scrap-heap!....well laptop found...but the bloody power button is crushed :0( we will get it fixed rather than buy a new one!

Now today!! out washers on the blink...it went a few weeks ago but we managed to sort it between us :0) but its gone again...will wash/spin but wont drain! we have pulled it apart to see the problem but cant fix it!!

So after spending £489 on a new fridge 2 weeks ago we now have to go washer hunting tommorow....please someone point me in the direction of the idiot who invented electric....I want to go and live in the hut on the beach please!!!

To top it all I still have tonnes to do on the website...pics to upload,scents to add...but it will go live again tommorow even if it means an all nighter!!

these things are sent to try us...I am going to breathe,relax..watch the lambs and the back of the house and think sod it quite frankly...my beautiful family shall keep me going..if we end up pennyless no-one can ever take out house :0) xxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. on no, why do all electrical things go at the same time?

    we got our fridge the other year from
    http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk/

    it was only £65, it was new but just had two dents in the fridge door but it works okay.

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't envy your situation, but look on the 'btight side', while they are not working, you're not using ectrickery!
    Sorry, not much help am I ?

    Have a better, brighter, happier week!


    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete