Thursday, 5 May 2011

Baking,wrapping,making,packing

Good morning Lovelies.....


Had a lovely nights sleep so I don't feel as ranty! (that is a word of mine lol) today......its been a manic week!! I have been busily working away on the website, finishing orders, I have also applied for a job, not really for need but for want..if that makes sense? I rang up to enquire about a job...now let me tell you I just rang to ask a few questions and ended up chattering away for ages, my CV would make pathetic reading as the past 10 years since leaving school have been occupied by me having 5 children, think what you will of that...as far as I am concerned its my life and I will live it as I see fit...hubby has worked bloody hard, too hard! to support us....I set up my business from home as a hobby to begin with as I wanted to do something different...since starting the business its gone from strength to strength and I have made some amazing new friends along the way!! My website is being re-opened friday and now hubby is trained to make everything too I am back to feeling a bit redundant, hence looking for a job...I was open and honest on the phone about my life, my work experience and I haven't scared them off yet! Its only part time so I can still run the main frame of the business myself.....


Also this week its amy-lou's 8th birthday...I really don't know where the years have gone!! So my task this afternoon is to make cakes for her to take to school and a cake for at home, shes having a few friends around after school and we are having a 'bathbomb' party! I am going to pre-mix everything before hand then let the kids loose with fragrance, sparkles and flowers! should make for a messily fun few hours ;0) but at least they will have hand-made party bags to take home..I am guessing that non of them will have made bathbombs before so It will be fun for them..I hope....Amy wants a cinderella cake...now I dont buy shop cakes, I think for the same price as a shop cake I can make a double tiered cake that is unique to amy...I am going to put my thinking cap on and think of how to make cinderella..sugarpaste and food colouring..eeeek!! I will try my best.....


Also have to supervise the littleones making birthday cards..wrap presents, finish the website....loads to do in 24hrs so I best dash off..................keep smiling ;0) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


p.s who stole the sunshine????


p.p.s who sent the rain????


p.p.p.s...mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :0) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. I think your bath products and your candles are fab. I will DEFINITELY be ordering some when I'm living up there - they look brill!

    Lynda

    PS: Are you able to replicate the Jo Malone grapefruit fragrance? May be cheeky to ask but it does make me wince paying £38 for their single candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you found my facebook page yet? its been hard work but I really love what I do :0) I have over 300 scents now, all my candle fragrances are american grade as the uk ones are naff to be honest! alot of my oils are direct yankee copies..I will have a look at the FD for Jo Malone grapefruit, blend my own mix and send you some free samples :0) £38 is scandalous for one candle..I set up my business because I was totally peed off with paying top prices for candles that where actually scented properly!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy busy busy!
    Happy birthday Amy Lou!
    Have a great weekend...could be the nicest smelling birthday party ever!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Linzi

    I'm not on FB, sorry, so have't seen your page there. Seen your scrummy yummy one though and posted links to this and also that one on my wordpress blog to get you some extra traffic too.

    Keep me posted about the JM scent - it is a stunner and I don't wear any other so a candle in it without the price tag would be amazing. Oh, did you know, by the way, that for the large 1.5kg room candles (4 wicked) and the tin cover, JM sell them at £360 a pop....! *faints* ;-)

    ReplyDelete