Saturday, 19 February 2011

Busy,busy week!!

BOO ;0)


Well I thought it was about time I popped on and said hi again! not blogged all week! Its been a very,very hectic week here! Lots of orders done though so It's all good, Kids still loving school, we finally hopped over to see some lovely folk from Manchester ;0) then went to see the new house again! I wan't to move now...it's actually driving me insane..I don't like uncertainty at the best of times and this is pushing us to the limit!!! 


The new house was bigger than I remembered...just lots of decorating to be done...put our own stamp on things..which means pink,glitter & sparkles...along with camoflage and helicopters..what a random mix eh!! Getting more used to the shopping or rather lack of shopping in Stornoway...its good for basics but planning ahead around birthdays etc will be crucial! We have found one decent shop for toys, there is one shop that I shall not name lol that is a bloody joke as far as prices go! It is a culture shock not having a big shopping centre but it's not a bad thing, It truly is a different way of life up here...I love the fact that people stop and take the time to talk to each other, and get to know each other....


We had a bit of a drama in the week when the brakes decided to bugger up on the car..so a quick trip to the craft shop turned into an all day adventure! and of course as it was a quick trip I just bundled the kids into the car without coats on thinking the heating in the car would suffice whilst hubby waited in the car and i nipped in the shop!! Well I will never go out without coats again...cost us a fortune to buy new coats for the tribe!! We found a fantastic garage though...its a funny old world when lunch for the family is more expensive than getting the brakes fixed on the car...the gents at the garage fixed the car within 2 hours and only charged us for the parts! so we know where the car will be going in future if it gets poorly....


and whilst I am going on about cars, totally freaked out today...a big silver landrover followed us all the way back here from stornoway this afternoon..and yes it sounds crazy to say it was following us but it really was! Hubby stopped to let it pass and then turned around to try and get rid of them however the landrover quickly spun round again as soon as we turned round..so we tried again to stop..at this point the landrover stopped too..and started after us again as soon as we moved...really freaked out at this point..where we are renting really is the end of the road..you cant go anywhere else so why come up here if you don't need to...trying to decide what to do I told hubby to pull into the drive as far down to the house as we could..hoping that the landrover didn't see us at this point as it was still turning at the top of the road...feeling stupid for pulling into the drive and not taking the landrovers registration number the landrover crawled past the house but didn't stop so we got the kids safely in the house...hubby went out again to see if he could see the car anywhere as we haven't seen it up here before..but can't see it anywhere...its totally spooked me and I don't reckon I will sleep tonight!! who does a thing like that? and more to the point ..why? surely if they wanted something they would have stopped at the house? its totally unnerved me to be honest :0(


Tommorow again being a Sunday is a day to relax...we will be heading for a walk somewhere if the weather is nice to us..before coming back to box up orders to go on monday....I'm off to ponder todays events some more!  what a day! what a week! but one week closer to moving! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment