Monday, 7 February 2011

Posting charges!!

Morning/afternoon...


I am supposed to be sat anxiously waiting for a response to our offer..but no...our moronic solicitor still hasn't put the offer in which was supposed to go in on Thursday last week..i am getting totally peed off with the situation now as we have limited time here so are going to have to look for somewere else to rent for a couple of weeks...and our storage guys are now trying to double our storage costs as we keep having to push the dates back...I want our stuff back!! but nope its in storage in bloody hull...it never rains but it pours! Everyone keeps saying it will be worth the stress..and I know in the long run it will be...but I am trying to run my business from our temporary address whilst trying to secure a house and entertain 5 littleones..I just want an end to this and a permanent base...a return back to normality......


On another note..another moan I know..but why do people charge more to post up here when we are still in the uk? I can understand it with large orders that are couriered across but small packages..why? I am not charging anymore for postage and wouldn't dream of doing it either...I just explained to customers that parcels will take an extra day or two....the worst example is my packaging suppliers...no matter how much i spend they are charging £25 courier..even if i spend a fiver! thats just rediculous! So I am now looking for new packaging suppliers!! My oil supplier is absolutly fantastic though :0) so thats a positive! But if anyone knows of any bulk wax suppliers chuck them my way..it seems most eco-soy suppliers are in america!


On a happy note..the sun is shining..and I have 220 tarts setting in the kitchen ready to be packed and posted..just waiting for them to set! Then I am starting on new products and stock for saturdays auction :0) have a nosey if you haven't already at 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linzis-yummy-tartscandlesmassage-bars/148835745135149

or  http://www.linzisyummies.co.uk/

Anyway thats enough ranting for one morning..will be back this evening with a happier post!! bloody solicitors!! Have a fab day everyone...keep smiling xxx

2 comments:

  1. That solicitor sounds like an **** how can he justify putting up his charges when he is not doing his job properly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. With post basic rule is:
    Royal mail - should be no surcharge. Uniform rate across the UK.
    Parcelforce - there may be a surcharge if the sender has an account I think it's a minimum of £6.
    Other couriers often charge mad amounts because they don't want to be bothered.

    One trick is to get packages delivered to Woodies in Inverness or Heb Haulage in Glasgow and let them ship from there to you. You get charged by them for the last leg but it can be cheaper than a courier.

    It takes a bit but you figure it out eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete