Good evening campers....
Its another horrid windy night here so on that note here's something you can help me with..and i know it sounds bloody stupid! but here goes...are there any foxes..as in the big ginger cats..not the choccie biscuits - on the isle of lewis? I ask because I want to keep chickens at our new house..but that raises another question given the fact that a big oil tank got blown onto our car last night would a chicken house blow away with the gales with the chickens inside? or would the chickens instinctively hide somewhere sheltered? you may be sat laughing at your screens but these are valid questions..i am not having a blonde moment! Can anyone advise? I'm guessing the only animals over here so what is there that could potentially eat a chicken? sorry but if you dont ask you dont know!!! stay safe on this windy night!!! xxx
No foxes over here so you're safe from that front. I'm not sure what natural predators birds have over here I regularly see chickens just hanging around free range in crofts so can't think of anything else that'd eat them.
ReplyDeleteYou just have to make sure the chicken coop is securely fixed to the ground and you should be OK.
I'm sure one of your neighbours will keep chickens and be able to advise, a couple of mine do (and the post-mistress at Garrabost does as well)
I just read a story of a fox that came over as a stowaway in a kit house..they shot it :0(!! I guess the couldnt survive with the wind up here!! hope its better at your end tonight..its still blowing a gale over here!..stay safe :0) x
ReplyDelete