Friday, 4 February 2011

What a night!!!!!

Good morning campers, I hope all you lewis folk haven't been blown away in last nights horrendous storm! And I am wondering where the sheep have gone :0( they were huddled together in an old tin bath last night when outside was still visible and now the are gone!! I hope the farmer has taken them somewere safe!

The storm I can honestly say was the worst I have seen...not much fun when the powers off, the heatings off and the kids are scared! but we survived...im reckoning we can get through any weather the good old isle of lewis wants to throw at us now :0)...theres lots of blown down fences outside..the windows are filthy..im guessing its spray blown up from the sea...and i will have to go and sweep all the glass before we can go out...who lines pathways with broken glass? Don't get me wrong it looks pretty...but I wouldn't say its the safest thing in the world!!!

We are hoping and praying to get another offer in on a house today..once we sort a solicitor..the least said on that the better..but i will be seeing who I can complain about solictiors conduct too! Like we dont have enough stress at the minute!!!

Anyhow todays plan is to finish order...lots of them, so that should fill a big chunk of the day!!

Hope everyones well...stay safe & stay warm xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Eee that was fun wasn't it? (Not)

    Glad you're OK and it doesn't get much worse than that ever so you've seen the worse. Causeway's open so you can get into Stornoway now.

    One thing to think about in your house is having an alternative heating source in case the power does go out - coal fire or something, it can be useful!

    Oh, and the sheep are wandering back now, just seen them outback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your ok too!!! I am still trying to work out where the great big green oil tank that has blown in and hit the car has come from! we also have a couple of bbqs in the garden and lots of blown over fences...the power still keeps cutting in and out...there is a stove here..however I think its an old gas stove converted and its not really much cop! theres no air bricks in it and the door isn't lockable properly..not fun when you get it going and the logs fall out!! Jons just headed into stornoway but i told him to be bloody careful! The one thing i hated th most was the noise..and the glass off the paths hitting the windows! who would choose to line paths with broken glass? when we were staying here the first time i forgot about the glass and ran out to the car in bare feet!!! ouchhhhh!!! yep we saw loads (at least 50) sheep wandering down the road :0) finally got the offer in on Garrabost..thanks for your help with solicitors ;0..take care just think we survived last night so im sure we can survive anything the good old isle of lewis can throw at us now :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power will be iffy for the rest of the day I think it's because they're working on the lines trying to restore power across the island, about half of it is without power at the moment!

    I can't believe anyone would line the path with glass, that's just stupid.

    Doesn't look that bad here to be honest, all the fences here are the wire ones so seem to be able to cope with the wind and everyone was sensible enough to tie everything down or put it inside. (Any damage to the car?)

    The run into Stornoway was good for me this morning so Jon'll be fine.

    Wasn't too happy with the noise myself, made sleeping difficult.

    Anyway, fingers crossed on Garrabost for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linzi...Is your solicitor in England? If so, then you need to contact The Law Society to complain.

    ReplyDelete